Deductions & credits

Thank you. I really appreciate it. Now, just for clarification: I might be confusing something here: For a permanent resident (GreenCard holder) it is not allowed to declare yourself as a non-resident on your tax return, but I guess this is applicable on a different section of Turbotax right? (personal info etc) I double checked and I filled out the regular 1040 form as a US resident. The NY state tax form is a different thing right? Technically declaring myself as a non-resident on the NY state tax is not jeopardizing my permanent resident (greencard) status. Am I correct? Sorry, I am being super paranoid about this but it is very important to me not to jeopardize my GC status. Also, at the end, Turbotax asks me if it is correct that my address is in a foreign country but I am a full time resident of NY. This seems to be a conflict in the software? But when I continue everything works... I will declare NY full time resident (it will make no difference - money wise)  but I am just curious how all of this works for the future and in general. Please be kind. This is my first time not using a tax accountant and everything is a bit new... Thanks again!