New Member

Deductions & credits

If the child's seizure disorder can be documented as a disability by the neurologist like you stated, and the child's condition meets the following IRS definition of disabled, you would be able to claim your child as a dependent:

"Permanently and totally disabled means: he or she cannot engage in any substantial gainful activity because of a physical or mental condition."

"A doctor determines the condition has lasted or can be expected to last continuously for at least a year or can lead to death."

Good luck with everything!

View solution in original post