DS30

Deductions & credits

You will need to attach a statement stating that you are revoking the use of the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion. since TurboTax does not allow attachments to efilings, you will need to print out your return and file by mail (including the revocation statement).

So when you are reporting your income using TurboTax, just do not claim the foreign earned income exclusion. When entering your foreign earned income, say "yes' you want to try to claim the exclusion but then just answer "no" to the question did you live or work outside the USA in 2017 (regardless of if you did or not) (See Screenshot). This was your income with be considered foreign sourced in the system.

To enter foreign earned income information in TurboTax, log into your tax return (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here and click on "Take me to my return") type "foreign earned income" in the search bar then select "jump to foreign earned income". TurboTax will guide you in entering this information.

Now you can enter your foreign taxes paid on your foreign earned income under the FTC section (and be able to claim your child tax credit).

To enter a foreign tax credits in TurboTax, log into your tax return (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here and click on "Take me to my return") type "foreign tax credit" in the search bar then select "jump to foreign tax credit". TurboTax will guide you in entering this information

Please note once you use revoke the use of the FEIE, you cannot use if again for a period of 5 years.

Please click this link for more information - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/revocation-of-the-foreign-earned-income-excl...