Deductions & credits

Now I'm really confused.  The answer below was just received from a benefits expert at the National Active and Retired Federal Employee Association.   According to NARFE,  being self-employed now, can not only take a deduction for my long term care insurance premiums but my Medicare premiums as well.

The box score so far is two saying I can't and two saying I can. 

------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your NARFE inquiry on taxation of LTC premiums. Yes, if you are self-employed, you can deduct on your federal taxes your FLTCIP premiums up to the limits noted below which are based on your age.

long term care insurance tax deductibility, 2023 2024 tax deduction long term care insurance, long term care tax rules, individual tax deduction limits, business owners long term care insurance, federal tax rules, state tax limits, how to buy long term care insurance

You also asked about deducting health insurance premiums for self-employed adults. Please see IRS instructions below.

Use Form 7206 to determine any amount of the self-employed health insurance deduction you may be able to report on Schedule 1 (Form 1040), line 17.

You may be able to deduct the amount you paid for medical and dental insurance and qualified long-term care insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your dependent