Deductions & credits

@18161625 wrote:

He said the issue would “probably” be fixed for next year. 

That shows how completely broken Intuit is.

My recommendations for other ways to get your tax returns prepared: 

If you can find a GOOD tax professional, that is what I recommend (but I am biased because I am a tax professional).  They can make suggestion that a program doesn't do.  And because they know how the tax return works, they can spot errors and are dependent on a faulty computer programmer (there are many problems and errors in the guidance that TurboTax gives you).  And although it doesn't happen often there occasionally can be a HUGE impact on the tax return that more than pays for a lifetime of tax preparation.  For example, I had on client that I was able to save them $12,000 by doing one minor thing.  If they just followed the directions in TurboTax, they would have missed that.  There was another situation on this forum that a person was following the faulty directions of TurboTax, which led to the program telling them they owed $20,000+ MORE than they were supposed to.  But it can sometimes be challenging to find a "good" one (as for recommendations from friends and family, and ask them WHY they like their tax professional).

If you decide on Do-It-Yourself software, I would look into TaxAct.  I don't have experience with it to know about any potential problems, but I like how it is set up.