Employee Tax Expert

Deductions & credits

If you are a US Citizen or Resident living and working abroad, you'd report your income in the  Foreign Earned Income section of TurboTax.

  • Go to  Federal.
  • Choose Wages and Income.
  • Scroll down to Less Common Income and choose Foreign Earned Income and Exclusion.

It's a pretty involved section in TurboTax, but read each screen carefully. You may be able to exclude your income from US tax.

You will need to report your income on the screen What Form(s) Was Foreign Income Reported On? you would check A statement from my foreign employer (could be cash). You will need to report your income in US dollars. See the answer below for information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post