New Member

What to do with 1042S? 6th year F1 student...

Hello, I wrongly reported the years of stay in US when I came to my current university -- It seems that I didn't correctly report the days I studied in a previous university as I hadn't got any payment then.

Now, I'm told that I shouldn't have signed tax treaty last year. However, coming from China, I find that I'm still eligible for exactly the same treaty benefits even I become a resident alien.

With 1042S form in hand, I'm not sure what to do... Can I simply attach it with a 1040 form? In W2, the $5,000 is already deducted from taxable income... Could anyone help me? Thanks!