Deductions & credits

This is still not understandable.  Doing 2021 taxes; I had an amount owed to Federal before going to Economic Impact Page on TurboTax of  $3023; I confirmed the amount of Economic Impact payment  received by answering Yes that it agrees with my US Treasury Letter 6475 of $1400 on TTs page.  After clicking on Yes and preceding MY FEDERAL INCOME TAXES INCREASED BY EXACTLY of my Economic Impact Payment of $1400!!  After going round and round with TT help desk; their explanation is that TT automatically assumes you received the maximum of $1400 Economic Impact Payment and that is reflected in the Federal Income Taxes owed running total at top of screen (then WHY would it increase you are merely concurring with the amount on their page and why would your FEDERAL TAXES will increase exactly by the same amount of your Economic Impact Payment for 2021!!!!.  THIS DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE.  If the Economic Impact Payment does not  impact Federal Taxes owed according to IRS, then why does TT software increase the Federal Taxes owed after you concur that you received it!!!!!!!