New Member

Deductions & credits

There will be no deduction if you have expensed or depreciated the items in the past. If you were depreciating the items and they were not fully depreciated, you are eligible to deduct the adjusted basis of the items (cost - depreciation taken)

You can report that on Form 4684

To file a Form 4684 Casualty loss with your taxes, please follow these steps:

In TurboTax Self-Employed online edition,

  • Click on Search on the top right of your screen
  • In the search box, type casualty loss
  • Select Jump to casualty loss
  • Follow prompts, on the screen, Casualty or Theft Event, under Property Type, select Income-Producing Property to continue