Deductions & credits

@AdrianAlbrecht wrote:

Hi Opus 17,  I filed with no stimulus for 2020 for a refund of ~$6K, about a week later It jumped ~$1.7K without any input from me.  I waited several months before the IRS sent the refund for both the refund plus stimulus.  I didn't know it was a stimulus until I got the letter.  I assume the 1.7k was put in by TurboTax.  Where on line can I get these 1444-1444b letters?  How do I engage the audit defense, I only have the # and the cost but don't know how to contact.  My letter from the Christian attacking IRS implies an audit.

Regards,

Adrian

You are adding to an old discussion with different people who have different problems, so we really need more information to address your specific situation.

This is where to view your IRS online account.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account

If you have not registered your account before, you will have to verify your identity through the IRS procedure.  Hopefully that will go smoothly but some people have reported problems.  Once you log in, you will Click the link for account documents, and it will tell you the amount of stimulus payments the IRS issued to you.  See pictures:

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 11.07.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 11.07.53 AM.png