Deductions & credits

All resolved with IRS but took a while.

I sent a certified letter to IRS that explained situation that my intentions were

to have my Qualified Contribution treated as limited to 100% Qualified Contribution"

but since I missed putting a number on DOTTED LINE 11 of Schedule A, the IRS treated 

as limited to 60% (Tax payer has choice of how limited 60% or 100% but with no dollar amount

on dotted line the IRS assumes 60%.). At the time I prepared my taxes in Turbotax

the program did not put a number on dotted line even though within program I indicated

treatment as 100% but Turbotax does now .

Days went on and I got another  reminder that I owe tax and they have taken my 2021 estimated

taxes paid and I still owe more and I need to pay it by so and so date ore they may seize or levy my income or bank account.

I finally was able to reach IRS agency on phone and told they have such a backlog in mailroom that

have not yet processed my letter.  Thus, I explained situation and after a couple transfers and explaining I reached an agent that fully understood my situation.  With permission of supervisor she accepted my

intention that my charitable deductions treated as 100% and my original tax return BOXES were correct

and I owe no additional tax.    The IRS agent indicated I was not alone with the problem as directions

not clear on how dotted line 11 used for indication of how want charitable deduction limited or not.

A few weks after the call, I have received an IRS letter that issue resolved and owe no additional tax and the estimated taxes seized has been reapplied back to my 2021 taxes, where they were prior to seizure.