taxquery2

Stimulus for F-1 student turned Resident Alien

Hi. I filed as a resident alien this year. I came to the US in August of 2015 on a J1 visa and then switched to F1 in 2016. I passed the substantial presence test and therefore filed as a resident alien. I received the stimulus check amount of $1800 through my tax returns and then received another $1400 after. I know that I am eligible for the $1400 since it is after I filed as a resident alien. But am I eligible for the whole of $1800 which was given out in 2020. Since I came to the US in August of 2015, I passed the substantial presence test around the same time in 2020 so I'm confused as to whether I am eligible for the stimulus money given in early 2020.  Or since I filed as a resident alien in the 2020 tax year, I am considered a resident alien for the whole year, and since this is the first time I filed as a resident alien, the stimulus check amount was paid as a tax return and I am indeed eligible for it? Happy to return anything that  I am not eligible for. Thanks for clarifying.