DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Deductions & credits

I do see an investigation regarding not being able to use itemized deductions.  In this case, the itemized deductions already exceed the standard deduction.   This is only slightly different from your situation.   It also states they are waiting on a diagnostic file to further investigate.   Is it possible for you to provide a token number (diagnostic file) for your return here and I can get it included with that case that I can see is open?    I will leave the instructions below.    

Have you tried to remove the $300 charitable contribution that is reported on Line 10b?   Or is it even there?   I was going to suggest entering a phantom expense of a large amount so that your itemized deductions are much more than the standard to see if you could get it changed that way, and then go back and remove it.   But if the open investigation is an issue, that probably won't work.   But you can certainly try it while we work on this case.  

A diagnostic return has any personal identifying information redacted, so your privacy is not in peril.  Only a TurboTax agent can access the scrubbed return.

To send a diagnostic return to TurboTax:

• Click on Tax Tools
  • Click on Tools 
  • Click on Share my file with Agent 
  • You will get a message that explains what a diagnostic copy is.  Click the OK button  

Please indicate the number in a comment below.  In the desktop software, use the Online menu at the top, and the next to last option is Send Tax File to Agent.   Thank you!

@SharonLouise

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"