Deductions & credits

Hi Lena - I did try to enter when I got to the screen in the deductions section and could not type as the field would not accept.  When I followed your instructions, I ended up at the same screen and it still would not let me enter anything.  I finally clicked on forms and found the form for Schedule A and was able to type directly into the form.  Because the standard deduction has been raised and itemized deductions are not being used as they had been, I have found it more difficult to enter the information for that schedule.  The only reason I like to be able to enter information for the itemized deductions, for anyone who is wondering, is because it is a good habit to get into should medical expenses rise, etc., and it is a good gauge to measure from year to year to help remember what items need to be recorded.  P.S. I also have long-term care insurance premiums that are deductible on the NYS tax return and if they don't carry over from the Federal, I have to input myself onto the form.