New Member

How (where) do i enter taxable income earned from in home care of family member?

Intuit Alumni

Deductions & credits

Your income from work as a caregiver would be considered self-employment income (unless you receive a W-2 reporting your income).  Self-employment income and expenses are reported on Schedule C.

Often, this type of income is reported on Form 1099-MISC, but if you do not have that form just enter that your income was received in cash as you go through the income section for the Schedule C.  You should have records of the payments that you received.

See the TurboTax article below for more instructions for entering your Schedule C.


View solution in original post