Expert Alumni

Deductions & credits

I will suggest you to enter under "Other Income".  Here are the steps:


In TurboTax online program:

  • Sign into your account, select Pick up where you left off
  • To the right upper corner, in the search box, type in "other reportable income" and Enter
  • Select Jump to other reportable income
  • Next screen, Other Wages Received, select No to continue
  • Next screen, scroll down all the way to the bottom, under Other reportable income, select Start
  • Next screen, Any Other Taxable Income? select Yes to continue


Although it will not be reported on line 2 of you Form 1040 as a taxable interest, as long as it is shown under Other Income on line 8, IRS will accept it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"