Deductions & credits

2020 Turbo Tax has a software bug which prevents completion and Efiling unless all negative entries on forms 1099B Worksheet for various stock transactions are eliminated. These entries are generated by the electronic import from the Customer's Brokerage firm (in my case Fidelity). This problem is only revealed to the customer in the "Review Phase" of the Federal Return by a simple "Error" notification "The price is outside prescribed limits ...". No explanation is provided as to what the problem is nor are there any instructions or guides-references for how to fix it. Only after going to this TurboTax "Support Online Forum" and searching for the notice does one see a description and possible solutions/options from unofficial users. The solution is to manually swap out the "sale" & "proceeds" columns one by one to eliminate all the negative numbers. Depending on the user's stock trading activity  this  could be hundreds of trades. n my case it was 18. Also it has to be done very carefully and scrupulously so as to be sure the "Before" &"After" totals for gains/losses are the same. Otherwise the entries on specifically Form D  and through that to other forms on the return will be altered. TurboTax has known of this problem for a long time and certainly has had plenty of time to implement a quick and easy program fix. Certainly they should have communicated this to their customers at the outset of the program. The fact that they didn't is a significant defect which renders the program virtually useless especially for any Tax Professional" (I'm not)l who uses it for customers. The number of entry corrections could easily be thousands and ultimately millions across all users It is shameful and inexcusable for Intuit to have failed in this manner. I have liked/used Turbotax for many years. I won't use it ever again.