Expert Alumni

Deductions & credits

@gcarlos999  If you are audited, you will simply need to prove the cost of your room and board. The IRS will just want to verify you weren't living rent free somewhere with all your needs being met. The IRS allows the adjustments and expects you to maximize.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"