BillM223
Expert Alumni

Deductions & credits

Sorry, long response. Please read to the end...

"I am not familiar with the reset function you mention, so presumably I have not done it."

It's not a function, it is a series of steps, so don't worry about it...it is extremely unlikely that you could have done these steps accidentally.

"In case it matters, Turbotax also indicates that my wife wasn't covered all year long, which is not the case."

I assume that you say this because TurboTax asked what type of HDHP coverage your wife had on December 1, 2019 and you answered truthfully that she had Family or Self, so the next screen was that her coverage had lapsed.

The issue with this question is that it is not intended for any taxpayer who either did not have their own HSA in 2019 or didn't contribute to it.

If your wife did not have her own HSA (remember they are owned by the individual, not jointly) in 2019, then she should answer "None". This will prevent the lapse in coverage message.

For the real problem - "Correct, the data previously entered is not there.  In addition, there is a summary table at the end (it has deductions, etc)  with an "Edit" button.  Table is all $0 in every field and hitting the edit button does not allow one to actually edit anything."

I have been specializing in HSA questions for 5 years, and I have never seen this behavior. So, if you don't mind, can you tell me

1. What Online product are you using (Deluxe, Premier, or Self-employed)?

2. What browser are you using, or, really, have you tried using a different browser to reproduce this behavior?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post