Recovery Rebate Credit - Error on 1040 Instructions???

I received my $1200 stimulus back around April/May, but did not receive the more recent $600.  According to info on the IRS website, it seems that based on the notation on my account, I will not be receiving it, however, based on what I've read, I should qualify.  So, I'm looking at line 30 of the 2020 form 1040 for the Recovery Rebate Credit.  On the 1040 instructions is a worksheet for this line.  Line 2 of this worksheet is a "yes" or "no" question asking if you (and your spouse, if filing jointly) are including a valid SSN on your 2020 return.  I am single and including a valid SSN, so I answer "yes."  Based on that answer, I am told to skip lines 3 and 4.  Later, on line 8, it is asking about whether you received your "EIP 2" payment, which again, I did not.  However, in order to enter $600 on that line, it says you need to have answered "yes" to question 4 on the worksheet.  As detailed above, I was asked to skip line 4.  Going back to review what line 4 said, it was asking if "one of you" (yourself or your spouse) has a valid SSN.  So, as stated, I'm filing as single with a valid SSN, which results in my skipping line 4.  Is it correct that this credit applies only to those filing jointly, not members of the military (detailed on line 3), and where only one member of the married couple has a SSN on the tax form?  That doesn't seem to make sense.