Deductions & credits

@jalowry426 wrote:

Okay, thank you. I do have a High-Deductible plan. I am married, filing jointly and my wife does not work outside the home. 

The premiums for my health insurance are paid for by my employer. So, pre-tax. Therefore, I assume I should receive a 1099 from BCBS? Or, do I just go ahead and report the amount of the check in other income?

If your employer pays the premiums tax-free to you, then the rebate is taxable income since it was paid to you instead of the employer.   BC/BS might issue a 1099-MISC.  If they did, it must be mailed (or available online) by January 31, so I would wait to file a return until February.  If they do issue a 1099, make sure to answer the employment test questions with "no" -- this money is not from working, not like your regular job, not intended to earn a profit.  That will place the income on your return as "other income."  If they don't issue a 1099, you can manually place the income as "other income."  (The difference is, if BC/BS does issue a 1099 but you enter it directly as other income, the IRS may send an automated letter asking why you did not report the 1099.  You would answer that you did report it, but why deal with the hassle.)