Re: HSA family contribution with Medicare enrollme...
Not applicable

Deductions & credits

The rules say to have a HSA the individual must be covered under a high deductible health plan

if either spouse has family coverage under a HDHP, both spouses are treated as having family coverage under a HDHP. 

so you can make a catch-up contribution to an a/c established for her.  the law requires the catch up be made to the taxpayer's own HSA.  

while my example showed splitting the 7100 base contribution limit between the two of you the law says it can be split as you choose with a limit.  her's can't exceed 3254+ the 917 catch-up. so if you contribute none of the base to her a/c you can contribute 3550+3254 + the 1000 catch up to your a/c and the 917 catch up to her a/c 



This widget could not be displayed.
Privacy Settings