Deductions & credits

Thank you Opus!  That was the clarification that I was hoping for.  From what they've told me, it sounds like they're charging me the whole amount of the imputed income as well as the premium.  Future paychecks would tell us if they're also withholding the tax on the imputed income as well.  I'm fine with paying those taxes but deducing the imputed income doesn't make sense.  I've contacted them again and even found the section of the employee benefits handout that states that tax on imputed income is owed in addition to the premium.  Imputed income shouldn't be deducted though because as you said, in that case they are not imputing the income but simply charging you the full cost of the insurance!

I am waiting for a response from them now and I hope that explanation gets through to them and for a fair resolution.  I'm not sure what I'll do if they continue to insist on deducting the value of the imputed income.  Will need to speak to a tax attorney then I suppose.  Thanks again for taking the time to go through it with me.