Deductions & credits

I'm not sure where this is going.

"Simple" to whom? Relational Databases, web technologies and the like might be simple to me but is not to everyone on Coursera and to people not in that line of work. So rather than proselytizing what one should do,  it would be good to see things from another point of view.  You think Intuit would advise it's buyers to "research what you do before you buy this" ?.

I am not taking advantage of any loop hole as you suggest - all I am trying to do is to be as honest as I can in the process and hence the questions. And there lies the problem - if I did not have a clue as to what should be happening, I would punch some numbers and be on my merry way but the fact is I know when things are remiss because I care - care to understand, care to ask - but it gets difficult when it's not something I am intimately familiar with.

So, while I appreciate your insight and assistance thus far I think the point has been made and belaboring the same over and over does not make it right.  The fact remains that TT can and does need to improve. This sentiment is obviously shared by folks at Intuit because it is light years ahead of where it was and has evolved. You cannot rest on past successes - the product has to iterate to make things easier - every product does.