Deductions & credits

Yes, TT fixed the 540 after I called.  540 was not working properly when I first entered my data in early Feb. It was working when I went back in on 2/23.  BUT the Federal is still not working correctly and adding all the 1098s together and saying I need to limit my interest.  I just updated again and it's still not working.  I did the override to check the 'NO' box, but TT needs to fix this!!  It is so frustrating to pay for Tax Software and then it not work correctly.   Mortgage interest is a standard process for anyone itemizing. This has got to affect millions of customers.  You should not have to do the calculation manually.  I have not filed because I'm trying to hold out for the fix.  

For CA Residents, there is also an error on the Schedule CA Adj. (not everyone uses this form, but I need it for HSA)  The form shows correct year 2019 on the screen, but prints 2018 on the form.  Doesn't matter if you print it with all filing forms or go to forms and print it, it still says 2018, even on the print preview.  You won't know this unless you look at all your schedules.  I was on the phone 1.5hrs trying to get this resolved.  They couldn't access forms to see what I see.  I even shared my screen.  Then they wanted me to uninstall and reinstall...why should that matter if I'm doing the auto updates?!?  I hung up.  It's still not fixed.  

After more than a decade of using TT, I've never been this frustrated with them.  I think I'm going to try a different software next year...this is what happens when companies get too big.  They lose (or no longer care about) Quality Control...