Deductions & credits

same here .  it isnt giving me credit for the interest paid on my primary home for the amount of interest paid after the loan transferred to another lender . this is not accurate. something is flawed because of the inability to define the loan transfer date and the transfer balance .  Run the numbers as if your loan was not transferred and as if you kept paying the interest to the original lender resulting in a single 1098 to see the difference!!!! (yes two 1098 but its the same loan . same terms . no refinance . no change other than one leader transfer sold it to another lender within the same tax year). this is a primary home and my name and secured by the property . all of which should qualify.  if the lender did not sell transfer my loan and it stayed all on just one 1098 i would get credit for the entire amount so why am i not getting credit for ALL interest paid to the same loan occurring before year end?  WHy is this software not crediting interest paid after the transfer when the loan terms didnt change? Both 1098 show the same Loan origination date!!!!!!   hello . its the same loan......

TURBO TAX 2018 has a FLAW and they are not answering nor fixing this . Switch to another tax software because they are failing to respond . no one will wait for a company that has flawed software and not responding to fix it or justify this. your loss TURBO TAX 2018.  payer/borrowers cannot control if their loan is transferred. this happens to everyone every few years and ive never seen software not be able to determine that both 1098 are for the same loan that was merely transfer sold to a different lender with no changes in terms

people want to file right away to get refunds .  hello TURBO TAX .  answer quick or potentially lose customers for the 2018 tax year

I have put the exact same data into HRblock Tax software but it calculates that i get the credit for both 1098s, the entire mortgage interest paid .

I have been with TURBO TAX for 8 years now and want to stay,  Please answer and dont force me to decide that i have to change to a new sw company . id rather keep my tax history all here.  You are giving me no choice unless you answer this within a day or two