Re: The child under my supervision is 17 and just ...
Employee Tax Expert

Deductions & credits

He should qualify for the child tax credit if he qualified in the previous year and nothing changed but his age. However, the child tax credit is only a maximum of $500 starting in the year the child turns 17. So, you may have the credit on your return, it may just be much smaller than you are used to. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
This widget could not be displayed.
Privacy Settings