Re: A friend is unemployed but filing jointly with...
Employee Tax Expert

Deductions & credits

Babysitting income is self-employment income and should be included on your tax return. The IRS requires you to file if you had at least $400 in net earnings from self-employment (income minus expenses).  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
This widget could not be displayed.
Privacy Settings