Deductions & credits

@ThomasM125 

Ok, so I will take the amount that they gave me for the accident (payout on the car) and times that by 7.71% which is our actual business of the vehicle and then divide that number into 2 so that we each put a portion into each of our Schedule C's.  That should give us our equal share for this.  Or should I just use the total amount that I come up (not splitting it in half after I get my numbers) meaning that I would list $20,221 for each of us (I don't think that is right as that would basically say we sold the car for $40,000+).

Or would it, for the sake of preventing confusion, easier for me to just claim the vehicle by myself 100% and not on my wife's Schedule C.  So I would claim in on my Schedule C and not on her's.  The app that we use to track mileage is set to record business trips, but it has no clue as to if its me or my wife, its a shared data account so its all pooled into one.  The simple fact is that I most likely drive more for the business than my wife does.  I guess I could say that I did 100% of the driving this past year and she did none.  She may have in fact drive 1% or less of those business miles this year.  (Just me kinda of thinking out for an opinion).