mkelly1717
Returning Member

Deductions & credits

Y'all are awesome.  This does sound exactly like what is coined as the "the code H bug … that creates a double taxable amount".  An hour ago I got a notification of an update, and guess what is magically gone?  ….The double taxable amount from a Code 2 1099-R, when a Code H 1099-R is also present.  My wife is convinced that my problem submittal 2hrs ago caused this update, but I know that software fixes, compiling, and rollouts don't happen that fast.

As far as my experimentation has gone, this update solved the Code H problem, at least for my case.  I'm pleased and impressed that this was already being worked on.  Thank you all so much. 

My 2nd submitted problem, the "1099-R Code 2B" problem where TurboTax flags the 2nd code "B" as an error, is still there, but it doesn't impact my return enough for me to make a fuss about it, but all the experts will still want to know its still there. 

Thanks again, everyone.  TurboTax makes tax preparation almost enjoyable, at least for a modestly OCD former Engineer  :^)