jacobjared
Returning Member

Deductions & credits

@Anonymous  Thank you for your reply, but I am afraid it's off-base as to what I am asking. The initial question field didn't give me enough room to ask the complete question, so that's probably why you went that route.

To clarify, I am a W-2 employee (not self-employed), and my company reimburses me for all travel expenses: therefore I would NOT be worried / concerned about filing any of those expenses as deductions. My concern is whether or not I am taxed on the reimbursement as income at the end of the year, based on my employer refusing to track the location in which I am working. In other words, if I stay on this assignment all of next year in Virginia, my 'tax home' would be shown as Virginia - however, I fly to Virginia every week, and I also work from home in NC at least one day at week (and typically one week from home per month).  Currently, they are not taking out NC state taxes for the days I'm physically working from home in NC - so it makes it look like I'm always working in Virginia. Let me know if that doesn't make sense. Thank you!