This widget could not be displayed.

Deductions & credits

Please read the answer again. It is taken directly from the IRS document. For cash under 250 you don't need a receipt from the charity BUT you need a written record of some sort, such as a canceled check or credit card statement entry showing the amount, date, and name of the charity. 250 or more you have to have a written receipt from the charity.