State tax filing

I'm having a similar issue as @worden12  of this thread and was wondering if you @JosephF8  could help clarify some additional questions I had:

1. Do I not need to prepare a Nonresident NY form first prior to the Part-year resident NY and Part-year resident NJ forms? In other sections of this forum, it seems to imply that that should be the case (see Scenario 3 of this post: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/filing-and-paying-taxes/help/how-do-i-file-if-i-moved-to-a-differe...). However, when I initially set up my account and TT asked me about my move from NY to NJ, it only automatically generated the Part-year resident forms for NY and NJ (no Nonresident NY form was generated). I'm also aware that IT-203.1 is used for both nonresident and part-year resident so it wouldn't really make sense to file 2 versions of the same form. But I would appreciate if you clarify this as it might be what is causing the issue I'm asking on Question #2.

2. As TT also doesn't automatically pull the NYS Income and taxes paid to other state (with the same warning message as @worden12 mentioned) in my NJ forms for the credit, I'm resorting to doing the calculations manually. I understand the end of the NYS form shows the actual Taxable Income and actual Taxes Owed to NY. However, are the NY taxes paid for the NJ portion of the W2 (which doesn't show any state income tax withheld -- only the NY W2 wages show that) really just calculated by this equation:

(NJ W2 Wage / NYS Taxable Income as calculated by TT) * (NYS Tax Owed as calculated by TT)

Wouldn't it make more sense to calculate the taxes on that NJ W2 amount by treating it as an isolated income subject to the initially lower tax brackets shown in the schedules of the IT-203.1 form? If this income had, in fact, been earned within NJ, would it not be subjected to the bracketed tax percentages of that state? 

(**You could also argue that the taxes paid on it should be the highest bracket, instead of lowest, percentages based on total NY Taxable Income but the first method is more conservative.**)

3. Does TT automatically fill in Form IT-360.1 based on my answers about moving out of NYC? I can't seem to find this information anywhere and am wondering how I would go about filling in that form if TT doesn't automatically generate it for me.

Thank you very much for your help.