State tax filing

@MarilynG1  and @gloriah5200 

I prepared my non-resident Rhode island tax return first and filed it, but TurboTax MA still double-counts my income. Say, you earn an income of 100,000k, and you pay $5,000 tax to Rhode Island. In MA return, Turbo Tax would count the income as $200,000K, the tax rate is 5%, so the MA tax before credit is $10,000. Yes, MA will give you some credit back for the $5,000 tax paid to Rhode Island, but you still end up having to pay MA $10,000 - $5,000 (credit for RI tax) = $5,000, which is totally wrong!

I then tried importing only MA income, then TT wouldn't allow you to E-file , the only option is to "Mail Return". I pressed "Mail Return" option and printed MA return just to see what it looks like. My intention was to switch back to E-file after printing the return, but TurboTax would not allow me to switch back to E-File. I guess I have to mail the return this year. But Marilyn if you can, please forward this to Turbo Tax IT department and asks them to fix this problem this year.  In the past, I was not very impressed the way TT handled customer reported issue. I know firsthand that sometime the only way to get an issue fixed by TT is to twitter and @CEO many times by multiple different customers.  Hopefully, this issue doesn't have to go to that route.