GabiU
Level 15

Why is my return still pending? (updated 3-16-21)

***Closing thread 3/16. 
Users are experiencing an accepted return with TurboTax and a pending status with the IRS. The IRS is doing its best to keep up with this year's circumstances. Please refer to the IRS Website: https://www.irs.gov/refunds for updates on your personalized situation. 

2-26 Update: Why is my return still pending (With TurboTax?) 
Earlier this tax season, many people noticed that their return was "pending" for more than the average 48 hours. This pending status meant we noticed an issue that may have caused your return to be rejected and did an extra review to assess the reason it was flagged, resolved it for you, or identified what you needed to do to ensure everything is accurate and your return is accepted.  

---the majority of users should have seen a rejected or accepted status since that time. 

New Mexico State, as of (2/26) is currently experiencing a backlog building up. This week, they are increasing the volume of returns retrieved, and expect to clear the pending backlog within the next few days.

If you are not filing with New Mexico and it's been 48 hours since you've submitted your return, please comment on this thread. 

Check out this FAQ: Why is my return still pending?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"