KelseaV

California Form 3895 Isn't Generating Form 3849

I input my 3895, but it doesn't seem to be generating the 3849 form.  

I did try this on 2/12 and 2/13 and it still shows that I owe money to California for health premiums. 

I have talked to both the California Health Marketplace to verify my 3895 form is correct and also the free tax help that they have available.  I have been told by both parties that based on the information on the form, I should not owe California any money for health subsidy premiums.  There are two reasons for this.  One is that I'm Native American. So, there's a caveat that even if I underestimate my income, I don't have to pay back the subsidy.  Two, even if I wasn't Native American I'm a sole proprietor and I estimated my business would make 6 figures this year, but instead lost 3K due to COVID. They told me that the only reason it should be showing that I owe is if it hasn't been reconciled with the 3849 form.  Because of my Native American tribal status I wouldn't owe regardless. So the only logical explanation they could come up with is that TurboTax isn't reconciling the income with the 3849 form. 

I spent two hours on a support call on the 12th and an additional 2 hours on a support call today and the Turbotax experts couldn't figure out what was going on.  Reaching out here to see if anyone else can help a girl out. 

Thank you!