R30
Level 2

Cannot Delete California Schedule K-1

I've tried every solution posted, but I still cannot delete the two mysteriously appearing Schedule K-1s on my California return.  There are no K-1s on my Federal return.  I've never had any.  It must be a glitch in the software.  Please help.  I've spent way too much time on this phantom error. 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

State tax filing

For steps on how to delete Schedule K-1, please click the link below.

How do I delete a K-1?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
R30
Level 2

State tax filing

Thanks for your help, but your solution doesn't work.

1. You gave me a canned answer which I had already tried.  And, the canned answer doesn't seem to be applicable to my Home and Biz Turbo Tax--I get different screens than you suggest.  Please keep in mind that:

1. I never created a K-1 worksheet  in my Federal return or my CA return--not this year or any previous year.

2. Two CA K-1s mysteriously appeared--perhaps after an update.

3. I'm fairly certain this is a software glitch--I've spent hours  trying posted solutions and nothing works.

Thanks, again, for your help.  But please try to find a solution that will work.  Be well.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

In TurboTax Home & Business you can:

1. Go into FORMS mode.
  2. On the left side scroll through.
  3. Look for entries labeled K-1 in both federal and state.
  4. Highlight each and select Delete Form below the form image.

State tax filing

The problem is they keep coming back no matter how many times you delete them. 

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

When they keep coming back like that it means that something that has been answered - some question, has created them.

If you haven't tried deleting the California return and re-creating it then do that.  If they pop up right away then they're being generated by the federal return and something that you answered there.  

The good news is that they're harmless.  If they don't have any income on them they'll be ignored by the system and by California.  Just put zeroes in them and you should be set.

Leslie d
Returning Member

State tax filing

Did this issue ever get solved? I'm having the same problem. Keep deleting the "phantom" K-1 (which I do not have and did not enter), but TT doesn't allow me to file until I provide information about the K-1 corporation--WHICH DOES NOT EXIST!! The only option TT provides is paper filing. Come ON!!