tprice90
Returning Member

Your Principal Residence Information CA Form 540

I am attempting to e-file my CA return, but it was rejected for the reason that I entered "Los Angeles County" in the county field instead of "Los Angeles". The description of error reads:

"California, Your Principal Residence Information, County field is invalid. County field is case sensitive (uppercase for the first letter, lower case for the rest) and only accepts from a specific list. Examples of valid County entries are "Alameda, Alpine, Contra Costa, Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz, Sonoma, Trinity, Ventura", etc."

And this is what I need to do in order to fix it:

"Option 1: On the "Your Principal Residence Information" page, update the County field to a valid county name. County name is case sensitive and needs to have uppercase for the first letter and lower case for the rest. Ex: Alameda, Alpine, Los Angeles, San Diego, Santa Cruz. Make the appropriate change and re-submit this return electronically."

I cannot seem to find the "your principal residence information" page. When I go to the personal information section there is no way to change county information. Is there a way to fix this?