Joeyf
Returning Member

State tax filing

I have a similar issue. I checked with the IRS and it matches turbo tax refund info. The funds were sent to SBTPG and 481.76 of the total was deposited into my account.  The total refund was about 1600.00 .  SBTPG did not contact me at all. I figured it out from the deposit into my account and several other sources.  Glad to see Turbo Tax website finally posted a link to SBTPG for us to continue our scavenger hunt.    I looked on SBTPG website and it indicated that it was probably due incorrect information or unusual activity on my SSI number.  I have life lock and I have a clean SSI  according to them.  SBTPG already deposited some of the money, so why are they holding the remainder up now? They obviously have my routing number for my bank account and have already deposited some. What information is incorrect?     It has been over 2 months. 

It has been a failure on their part.  Turbo Tax executives have failed in setting up this arrangement.  I wish I would have just paid outright for all of it upfront instead of choosing the option to take the payment out of my refund. That was where the issue lies.   Turbo tax has been a great product that I have used for over 20 years without any reservation for my personal and business taxes. I have used that payment option before without any issues.   

Turbo Tax guarantee promises were kept by Turbo Tax.   Unfortunately, there was nothing indicating that it would be a timely deposit into our account or that they fully vetted their partners on their ability to offer the same level of service Turbo Tax has provided throughout the years. 

To the leadership of turbo tax, you can blame it on your second party vender.  The truth is that it was a failure of leadership to choose such a poorly vetted party to do business with.   I am not sure how much time will I be spent trying to get this money, but if I choose to use Turbo tax next year, I will make sure pay everything in advance to avoid SBTPG.   I am sure you have lost a number of customers for this.  I would hope that those responsible for setting up these these financial arrangements are made aware of the additional work and the poor customer service we have experienced.  I think Turbo Tax got the short end on this one.   

Turbo Tax really is an excellent product and I am really surprised.