JSPRECK

FILING STATE TAXES

I have not used my one State filing, yet it wants to charge me $24.99.  This is the second year I have dealt with this.  Last year I just filed on my States efile.  How can I use my one free State filing?

d_mccallister
Returning Member

State tax filing

TT is kinda deceptive in their wording. They allowed you to download one state for free and filled it out for you. But they will still charge you to file it for you. The only way to get around their thievery is to print it off and mail it in, but with the postal service being so poor, I'm not sure it would get to where it needs to.

State tax filing

You get one free state PROGRAM download to prepare unlimited state returns. Then each state return (including the first one) is 19.99 to efile, usually goes up to 24.99 March 1. Or you can print and mail state for free.  

Box says Federal Returns & Federal E-File plus State Returns.  It does not say state efile is included.  It also says on the back of my CD case in the comparison chart....

1 state product via download (print free  or efile for $19.99 each) prices subject to change without notice.

And click on 1 state download on Deluxe or above on the Desktop CD/Download page.  Then in the pop up box scroll down to the very bottom.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/