dbinbrea
Returning Member

Nonresident Maryland taxes withheld

I live in the state of California but did some work for an organization in MD in 2019, resulting in income of about $30,000. MD taxes were withheld in error (according to my employer) and I should be able to get them refunded. However, the income does show up on the W-2 as Maryland income and TurboTax shows that I owe another $800 to MD. I filed all taxes a month ago before I found out about this issue. 

After reaching out to the tax collection agency in MD, they sent me the following:

You can file Non- Resident form 505. File to obtain a refund of the withholding. Complete all of the information at the top of the form through the filing status, residence information and exemption areas. Check the box provided to the right of the residence information for you to indicate your withholding was withheld in error. Enter your federal adjusted gross income on line 17 in both columns 1 and 3 and line 24. Then complete lines 43-47, 49 and 51. Sign the return and attach withholding statements (Forms W-2 and/or 1099) showing the Maryland tax withheld equal to the refund you are claiming. Your return is then complete. You must file within three years of the original due date to receive any refund.

Can I do that through TT? I see that it did create a 505 for me in my filing. I do not see a way to check the box "taxes withheld in error."