Re: moved from TX to RI... RI partial-year residen...
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

Be sure all of your states are Non-resident or Part year resident.  You will then allocate the total income between the two states you lived in.  That would be TX and RI.  Now, from RI, you also worked in MA and CT.

  1. TX will have no return and that income only has to be reported on you Federal.
  2. Post MA & CT next so you know what tax you paid in each of them.
  3. Finally post RI.  This will include all non TX income.
  4. Be sure you got credit in RI for taxes paid in MA & CT
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
This widget could not be displayed.
Privacy Settings