State tax filing

I'm a AZ resident in a similar situation but need to file a 540NR to recover some state tax withheld in escrow (form 593-V) for the sale of our second home (we already pay capital gain on the income in AZ). We have NO earned income in CA thus NO W2s to report. I tried filing electronically in TurboTax but it was generating the exact same errors - plus a erroneous filing status error (?).

F540NR-670 - There is an error on Form 540NR, Line 81 (CA Withholding). Line 81 (CA Withholding) must equal the total amounts withheld on all W-2, W-2G,1099-R forms and Other Withholding (Other Withholding) Amounts (Amount) where: On Form W-2 'CA' is present in Line 15, Withholding Amount Checked: Line 17, (State Income Tax Amt ). On Form W-2G 'CA' is present in Line 13 Withholding Amount Checked: Line 15, (State Tax Withheld Amt). On Form 1099-R 'CA' is present in Line 13, Withholding Amount Checked: Line 12, (State Tax Withheld Amt). Exception: The Filing Status (FilerStatus) is equal to Married/RDP Filing Separately.

I opened a case with TT, sent them my file and they said the routing number in the return was incorrect. No, it was fine. I edited it, refiled it in TT just for kicks, e-filed again with the same error. Finally, I modified the refund option to just sent me a friggin' check, refiled it, e-filed again and it generated same error so TT is just FUBAR in this situation.

At this point, I requested a refund on the CA e-file charge and am going to mail them the return. Working thru TT, indicating I want to "print to mail", TT prints all returns - FED, AZ and CA. Do I really need to send CA all tf the IRS & AZ forms?  

What a mess...