netgreen
Returning Member

State tax filing

Still can't get my state taxes to start; it keeps opening a window to purchase the state module online.  Just wondering if this scenario is causing the problem:

1) I purchased and installed TurboTax Business 2019, then processed a Federal tax return for my S corporation, choosing NOT to purchase my state module at that time.  I then E-filed my Federal return and tried to do the state return manually.

2) I then processed a Federal tax return for my LLC, this time deciding to go ahead and purchase my state module (South Carolina).  I completed both Federal and state tax returns for the LLC.

3) Now I'm trying to go back and do the state return for my S Corp, but it keeps prompting me to purchase the state module!

I tried using the TTStateCleanup download but no joy.  If I uninstall and reinstall my entire TT product(s), will I still be able to get back into my existing tax files and complete the state return for my S Corp?  Or is it stuck in some hopeless loop because I didn't install the state module when I was initially offered to purchase it?