State tax filing

Thank you for your detailed response.  I use the Premier version as well.  When I was preparing the returns, both Federal & Wisconsin, on or about 2/1 I could see there was a problem, and I could figure out the issue was the lack of allowing the WI 30% capital gains exclusion.  When I went to file the Federal return I received a message saying the WI returns were not yet completed.  So I filed the Federal return.  To my surprise about 3 hour later I received an e-mail notice from Turbo Tax saying WI had accepted my 2019 return.  THE RETURN SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN FILED.

About a week later I heard on WI local news that the WI Dept of Revenue had not yet completed formatting their 2019 Form 1's for use in electronic filing.  This is something Turbo Tax should have told all users who file WI returns before they just went ahead and filed what they had.  I plan on filing an amended WI Form 1, but not before mid-March to assure that Turbo Tax has the proper forms, and that they are programmed correctly so that I don't have to play with the software to force an accurate return.

Thank you again for your time and your assistance.  In future year I will just delay filing either Federal or WI returns until after 2/15.