SusanY1
Expert Alumni

State tax filing

The calculations aren't showing because the form can't be filed in this format. You cannot file the return as prepared, using MFJ but listing you as a nonresident of NY.

New York requires either that you include the spouse as a resident or file the return Married Filing Separately in New York.

From the New York Department of Taxation and Finance (in the link previously mentioned):

[When] one spouse is a New York State resident and the other is a nonresident or part-year resident... (Y)ou must either:

• file separate New York State returns using filing status (3); or
  • file jointly, as if you both were New York State residents, using filing status (2).

Filing status 3= MFS and filing status 2= MFJ (but treating you as if you were a resident, meaning your income would be taxed).  

TurboTax state programs don't work with each other, so these sorts of things require manual adjustment.  I am sorry that I didn't explain this part more clearly in my initial answer. 

The return as you have prepared it cannot be filed, and that's why it's not calculating any numbers.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"