Level 20
This widget could not be displayed.

State tax filing

For tax purposes, you are both still full year Alaska residents, UNLESS you proactively change your residence, e.g. voter, vehicle and driver registration.  

As others have indicated, you still need to file a Utah return and pay tax on your UT income. You will also include the UT income on your AK return and pay AK tax on it. But, AK will give you a credit or partial credit for the tax you pay to UT.