June 6, 2019 3:25 AM
To enter your Illinois 529 Plan contributions for your dependent's education in TurboTax, please follow these steps:
- In your return, select State Taxes tab
- Proceed through the state interview section for Illinois, answering all questions on residency and income, until you arrive at a page entitled "Here's the income that Illinois handles differently"
- Under Education, click on Start button for "College savings and prepaid tuition plan contributions"
- On next page, "College Savings and Prepaid Tuition Plans", enter your 2016 529 plan contribution amount in the box for "Bright Start College Savings Pool" and click on Continue button
- Finish the rest of the interview questions for Illinois