talessa1

Unemployment from one state while living in another state

I received unemployment from Georgia after moving to Oregon. On my Oregon return it is asking how much of my income reported on my federal return I received while living in Oregon. It lists my wages and "unemployment, social security, and other taxable income". Do I need to add the unemployment since I received it after moving to Oregon? I already paid taxes in Georgia for it.
Tiki

State tax filing

Yes, you will include the payments you received from Georgia while you were living in Oregon on your Oregon return. If you paid taxes to the state of Georgia, you will file a Georgia return to have the amount paid to Georgia while you were in Oregon refunded. Taxes are based on the state where you lived at the time you received the payments not where the company or organization is located that distributes the payments. 

Npruden

State tax filing

Hi I have a question for the person who asked the initial question. You say you moved to Oregon and then received unemployment payments from Georgia. I’m on unemployment now and I’m moving from NY to Oregon. I need to know the best way to transfer my unemployment payments. But I don’t know what to expect or where to start. How easy was it for you to get set up? And mainly, did Oregon accept your transfer of unemployment benefits from Georgia? Thanks for your help!