If you applied your 2015 MN income tax refund to 2016, TurboTax will automatically carryover the amount to your 2016 tax return, if you transferred last year's TurboTax return over.
If you did not use TurboTax or amended your 2015 income tax return, enter your 2015 MN refund applied to 2016 MN income tax as follows:
- Click on the Personal Tab.
- Click on Deductions and Credits.
- Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid.
- Click Start/Update next to Other Income Taxes.
- On the Other income taxes screen, scroll down to 2015 Refund Applied to 2016. See the screenshot below.